That feeling when you just need a good stretch? This flow has got you covered. Here is a series of 8 basic but EFFECTIVE and timeless yoga postures you can practice daily that addresses the entire body (with a little extra love for the hips of course).
These postures are designed to be used to address YOUR needs. So whether you are new to yoga and would like to familiarize yourself with some poses before stepping into a class, you’re at home and feelin’ stiff as hell and need a little movement, or you’re trying to build a home practice and don’t know where to start, these postures have got you covered. If you’re short on time spend 3-5 rounds of breath in each posture, or if you have plenty of time spend 5-10 rounds of breath in each posture and maybe repeat the sequence (FYI 1 round of breath= 1 inhale, 1 exhale).
1.Downward Facing Dog (Ado Mukha Savasana)
2. Upward Facing Dog (Urdhva Mukha Savasana)
3. Kneeling Lunge (Anjaneyasana)
4. Yogi Squat (Malasana)
5. Lizard Pose (Utthan Pristhasana)
6. Pidgeon Pose (Eka Pada Raj Kapotasana)
7. Seated Twist (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
8. Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)